Last updated: 17 December 2020
Thank you for choosing to be a part of our community at Food and Allergy Consulting and Testing Services (“Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”).
We respect your right to privacy and commit to protecting your personal information in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (POPI.)
When you visit our website or make use of any of our services outlined in the Terms and Conditions, we appreciate that you are trusting us with your personal information.
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us when you submit a ‘Request a quote’ on our website. This information is shared internally among the FACTS multi-disciplinary team of experts to ensure we provide you with the best solution to your query. Confidentiality is always upheld.
All information, text, images, video (‘Content’) on the FACTS website have been carefully selected to adhere to copyright law.
FACTS is not responsible for any misinformation or misinterpretation of any information sourced from other local or international sources.
A User shall be defined as any person who visits our website and includes potential, past and existing Users whether individuals, close corporations, companies, bodies corporate, trusts and any person in a representative capacity.
1. Personal information collected
- FACTS may collect and process the User’s personal information to provide the User with the best solution to their query submitted through the website.
- The type of information FACTS collects will depend on the purpose for which such information is collected. Examples of the personal information FACTS may collect includes, but is not limited to names, surnames, telephone and mobile numbers, fax numbers and email addresses.
2. Safeguarding personal information
- It is required by the POPI Act to adequately protect the User’s Personal Information that FACTS holds through the implementation of security measures and safeguards to secure the integrity and confidentiality of the information. This is done to prevent loss or damage as well as unlawful access or processing of such personal information. FACTS will continuously review its security controls and processes to ensure that the User’s personal information is secure in response to new risks or deficiencies. FACTS will also implement measures that identify foreseeable internal and external risks, establish and maintain safeguards as well as regularly verify the effective implementation of such safeguards.
- The following measures are in place in order to protect the User’s personal information:
- A third-party service provider (hereafter referred to as the operator) is mandated to protect the User’s electronic personal information;
- The operator is responsible for the following functions on behalf of FACTS:
- the processing of information with the knowledge and authorisation by FACTS; and
- the treatment of the information as confidential and not disclosing this information, unless it is required by law or in the course of the proper performance of their duties.
- Employees of FACTS are required to sign confidentiality agreements which are part of their employment contracts.
- If such unauthorised access occurs, FACTS will notify the Information Regulator established by section 39 of the POPI Act as well as the User as soon as reasonably possible after the discovery of the compromise.
- Servers storing personal information can only be accessed via a security tier system.
- Outsourced backups can only be accessed by selected individuals at FACTS.
- Internal servers and hard drives are protected by firewalls and managed by a third party.
3. Access and correction of personal information
- The User has the right to request access to the personal information we hold about them.
- The User has the right to request free confirmation of the information that FACTS holds.
- The user has the right to request a description about the data in FACTS’S possession including the identity of the Operator and all other third parties who have access to such information within a reasonable time, at a prescribed fee, in a reasonable manner and in a format that is understandable to the User.
- If there is a prescribed fee in terms of the request made by the User, FACTS will give the User a written estimate before providing the service and may request for a deposit for all/part of the fee.
- FACTS may refuse the User to disclose any information requested by the User if Chapter 4 of Part 2 and Part 3 of the POPI Act are applicable.
- Section 30 and 61 of the POPI Act are applicable in terms of access to health or other records.
- The User also has the right to ask us to update, correct, delete or destroy their personal information on reasonable grounds.
- The only Cookies FACTS currently make use of is ‘Google Analytics’ which provides FACTS with information about how our Users engage with the service.
5. Third party links / External Links
- FACTS may contain links to other websites or content belonging to or originating from third parties. Such external links are not investigated, monitored, or checked excessively by FACTS for accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability, or completeness.
- FACTS is not liable for the comments, views, or opinions of any visitor to the FACTS website. FACTS reserves the right to remove any offensive comments or images.
Last updated: 17 December 2020
The information provided by Food and Allergy Consulting and Testing Services Pty (Ltd) (“we,” “us” or “our”) on https://www.factssa.com/ (the “Site”) is for general informational purposes only. All information on the Site is provided in good faith, however we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the Site.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL WE HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THE SITE OR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION ON THE SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- FACTS is a multi-disciplinary team. The members of which have vast knowledge, skill and expertise. Our website publishes news items, feature articles and opinion pieces by third-party contributors; FACTS is not responsible for the thoughts and opinions of such contributors.
- All opinions expressed on this site are strictly those of the authors and should not be construed as the opinion or policy of their respective employers. FACTS remain committed in ensuring that all information, research, and article references are from trusted scientific sources of information and with the utmost respect for all parties mentioned.